-
freezing after "Starting udev..."
Hi all. 
I've just burned the latest version on Knoppix (5.0.1) down to a CD. I put it in my laptop and restart. everything is fine.
I write:
knoppix lang=da ide2=0x180 nopcmcia
because that is what I always do. but when it boots, it freezes after a while.
....
USB found, managed by udev
Firewire found, managed by udev
Starting udev hot-plug hardware detection...
5 seconds passes by, and then it freezes, so I have to restart my laptop.
the weird thing is, that it works perfectly with version 3.8...
what am i supposed to do?
It is a custom laptop, so i can't really give you the exact hardware details.
I NEED to use the USB, so i can't just turn that off.
thanks
Similar Threads
-
By darrmik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
-
By montalegrejorge in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
-
By onemustfall in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-27-2007, 07:14 PM
-
By USHANABI in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-11-2006, 12:25 PM
-
By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 09:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell - XPS 13.4" 3K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 5 Series 3 320 2026 - 8GB...
$599.99

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

Lenovo ThinkSmart Hub 500 10V50000US All-in-One i5 8GB 128GB Win10 NEW SEALED
$259.00

Clear Touch Interactive Module CTI PCMOD PC55 ST i5 6core,8GB DDR4,256GB SSD NEW
$225.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$395.00

HP - OmniBook 3 - 14" 2K OLED Laptop - Snapdragon X (8-Core CPU) - 8GB Memory...
$399.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core 3.4GHz Socket AM4 CPU Processor….
$309.99

*Brand New-Factory Sealed* AMD Ryzen 7 9850X3D 8-Core 5.6GHz AM5 00-100001973WOF
$429.00

Dell OptiPlex 5050 SFF Core i5-7500, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win11 PRO Up
$89.00

Dell Latitude 7200 Touch Tablet Laptop 12” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$229.99