-
AMD 64
I just upgraded to an amd 64 system.
My favourite knoppix currently is 3.7, although I have got the 4 dvd en version.
Are there any issues for me in using an older knoppix with my cpu? Its the 754 so I think its a year or so old any how.
Knoppix correctly identified it when booting up.
Are there any plans to produce a 64 bit knoppix?
Cheerio
David.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It will run on an AMD64 architecture processor in 32bit mode. I have used Knoppix 3.7 and 3.8.1 on a dual AMD Opteron 240 system and noticed no problems or differences.
A 64bit edition? As far as I know, Kanotix is the only Knoppix derivative that is 64 bit.
Practically all of us here are not Knoppix developers but are just community volunteers. You could ask the developers about a 64bit edition at their mailing list at http://sympa.linuxtag.net/wws.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage PC sleeper case 2000 Pentium 4 full tower 6 drive bays
$59.99

IBM 3270 Keyboard Beam Spring - With Manual - Vintage Rare Beamspring
$3000.00

Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard
$249.95

Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00

TOSHIBA SATELLITE PA1230U VCD 435CDS 1.3 VINTAGE LAPTOP AS IS PARTS
$95.00

Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A
$150.00

Rare Vintage Nec Mobile Gear II MC R430 Computer Japanese Windows Ce
$299.99

LOT NOS/USED VINTAGE 1000 + PCs TRANSISTORS, DIODES, UNTESTED, SCRAP GOLD
$200.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00