Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem with AbiWord and CUPS

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30

    Problem with AbiWord and CUPS

    I have just spent a couple of days trying to figure out why cupsys would not run. When I first did a HD install of 5.0.1, I was able to configure my printer and use it. After a few days and a bunch of software installs, I was no longer able to print. In fact, after booting the system cupsd would not be running and I when I tried restarting it I would get a message like: cupsd: child failed with error 127. (That is a paraphrase.)


    After spending considerable time, I found that doing a clean HD install followed by an install of AbiWord using synaptic would kill cupsd and leave me without printing. It must have brought in something that clashed with CUPS.

    I think I shall stay away from AbiWord for a while. Too bad, I like the program.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Try This

    I can sympathize. I don't use Abiword anymore either. I would get weird errors with it. Too bad. It seems like such a nice word processor.

    I did have a similar experience as you with it wiping out my printing.

    I fixed it by reinstalling cupsys.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. CUPS Problem
    By schyler in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 12:30 AM
  2. lexmark printer problem under CUPS
    By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. abiword printing with cups..?
    By _jz_ in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
  4. CUPS Problem
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
  5. CUPS Problem
    By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G) picture

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)

$32.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot

$119.99