Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem with AbiWord and CUPS

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    30

    Problem with AbiWord and CUPS

    I have just spent a couple of days trying to figure out why cupsys would not run. When I first did a HD install of 5.0.1, I was able to configure my printer and use it. After a few days and a bunch of software installs, I was no longer able to print. In fact, after booting the system cupsd would not be running and I when I tried restarting it I would get a message like: cupsd: child failed with error 127. (That is a paraphrase.)


    After spending considerable time, I found that doing a clean HD install followed by an install of AbiWord using synaptic would kill cupsd and leave me without printing. It must have brought in something that clashed with CUPS.

    I think I shall stay away from AbiWord for a while. Too bad, I like the program.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Try This

    I can sympathize. I don't use Abiword anymore either. I would get weird errors with it. Too bad. It seems like such a nice word processor.

    I did have a similar experience as you with it wiping out my printing.

    I fixed it by reinstalling cupsys.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. CUPS Problem
    By schyler in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2007, 12:30 AM
  2. lexmark printer problem under CUPS
    By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
  3. abiword printing with cups..?
    By _jz_ in forum Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
  4. CUPS Problem
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
  5. CUPS Problem
    By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot Of 20 16GB PC4 2400T 2666V RAM DIMM Desktop Memory Mixed Brands *From Scrap* picture

Lot Of 20 16GB PC4 2400T 2666V RAM DIMM Desktop Memory Mixed Brands *From Scrap*

$959.99



SAMSUNG M393A4K40CB2-CVF 32GB PC4-23400 2933 RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY 32GB 2933MHZ picture

SAMSUNG M393A4K40CB2-CVF 32GB PC4-23400 2933 RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY 32GB 2933MHZ

$239.99



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB

$34.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested picture

Lot of 12 SK Hynix 64GB PC4-2666V LRDIMM Server Memory RAM HMAA8GL7CPR4N -Tested

$4200.00



Lot Of 20 8GB PC4 2400T RAM SODIMM laptop Memory Mixed Brands *From Scrap* picture

Lot Of 20 8GB PC4 2400T RAM SODIMM laptop Memory Mixed Brands *From Scrap*

$479.99



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00