-
Problem with AbiWord and CUPS
I have just spent a couple of days trying to figure out why cupsys would not run. When I first did a HD install of 5.0.1, I was able to configure my printer and use it. After a few days and a bunch of software installs, I was no longer able to print. In fact, after booting the system cupsd would not be running and I when I tried restarting it I would get a message like: cupsd: child failed with error 127. (That is a paraphrase.)
After spending considerable time, I found that doing a clean HD install followed by an install of AbiWord using synaptic would kill cupsd and leave me without printing. It must have brought in something that clashed with CUPS.
I think I shall stay away from AbiWord for a while. Too bad, I like the program.
Similar Threads
-
By schyler in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2007, 12:30 AM
-
By help_seeker in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 05:31 PM
-
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:22 PM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:24 PM
-
By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel® Core™ i9-9820X 3.3GHz CPU
$68.00