Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Belkin F5D7011 802.11g PCMCIA detection Knoppix 5.0 !

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3

    Belkin F5D7011 802.11g PCMCIA detection Knoppix 5.0 !

    I have the same card as the person in the previos post, and I posted a soluton to his delema, however I would like to get my belkin card working with ver 5.0

    Essentially, the driver will install with ndiswrapper, but when finished, it tells me that although the driver is installed, the hardware is not present or something like that. I've already run both "Wavelan configuration" and "Network Card Configuration"

    I've entered my essid and wep encryption key e.t.c. (yes I've made sure the key and essid are correct)

    Here are the results of just a few of the many commandline entries I've made (with their results):

    eth0 IEEE 802.11b/g ESSIDff/any Nickname:"Broadcom 4318"
    Mode:Managed Access Point: Invalid Bit Rate=1 Mb/s
    RTS thrff Fragment thrff
    Encryption keyff
    Link Quality:0 Signal level:0 Noise level:0
    Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0
    Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0

    sit0 no wireless extensions.

    root@1[knoppix]# ifconfig

    lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:1200 (1.1 KiB) TX bytes:1200 (1.1 KiB)

    root@1[knoppix]# pump -i eth0
    Operation failed.

    root@1[knoppix]# ifconfig eth0 up
    SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such file or directory

    root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -l
    Installed ndis drivers:
    bcmwl5a driver present
    rt2500 driver present

    root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -m
    modprobe config already contains alias directive

    root@1[knoppix]# ndiswrapper -d PCIID:wlan0 bcmwl5a

    Driver 'bcmwl5a' is used for 'PCIID:WLAN0'

    I've tried removing the rt2500 driver as well, and alternated trying the bcmwl5a driver with no good results.

    NOTE: This card will install under version 4.02 no problems (Both Live CD and Hard drive install)

    I've tried to install the card on ver 5.0 live CD with the same results I'm getting on the hard drive install that I'm currently trying to get it working on.

    I'm guessing it's just some simple script edit that needs to be done, but I really don't know what else to do.

    I've scoured the forums for similar problems, and tried some suggested fixes for possibly similar problems with slightly different equipment with no luck.

    Would appreciate any help at all.

    Regards Mikejo

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3
    P.S. Forgot to mention.

    I've removed the rt2500 driver and only have the bcmwl5a driver installed.

    when I "ndiswrapper -l" from the command line (as root)

    I get:

    Installed ndis drivers:
    bcmwl5a driver pressent, hardware pressent


    Forgot to mention that in the original post.

    Mikejo

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arlington, MA
    Posts
    2
    Dear Forum Freunden,

    I have the same card and receiver. I have the same problem, and I tried using a script that I wrote and worked perfectly in PCLOS, which I got from the PCLOS wiki. ndiswrapper hangs in KDE and at the CLI in Konsole as root. It just quits, it's totally bogus . That means the script might work if I could get past ndiswrapper hanging up the Konsole at "ndiswrapper -l" -- then I'd have some helpful info for all of you.

    my boot options are "boot: knoppix nohwsetup home=/dev/sdb1/knoppix"

    I have to run "nohwsetup" or the auto configure hangs up.

    Last night, also, I copied files into the home directory and they were gone when I rebooted, more on that in another thread.

    Thanks for any info,
    Joel

Similar Threads

  1. belkin f5d6020 v.2 pcmcia atmel airsnort
    By spekter in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2006, 04:11 AM
  2. Belkin F5D7011 802.11g PCMCIA detection
    By bomakalu in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 08:25 PM
  3. Laptop PCMCIA card (re)detection-again
    By beecee in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2004, 11:58 PM
  4. odd problems with belkin pcmcia network card
    By corwinspyre in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 03:46 AM
  5. how do I force detection of my PCMCIA modem?
    By stefan_isaacs in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50