Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ndiswrapper in 5.01 won't work for me

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4

    ndiswrapper in 5.01 won't work for me

    I downloaded the latest knoppix and burned it onto CD, but the ndiswrapper won't work. I configure it through the kde desktop program and it says

    "The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file?"

    Ndiswrapper works fine in knoppix 4.0 using the same drivers and setup. What is wrong? Do I need to install a new ndiswrapper over it?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arlington, MA
    Posts
    2

    Re: ndiswrapper in 5.01 won't work for me

    Quote Originally Posted by mpn
    I downloaded the latest knoppix and burned it onto CD, but the ndiswrapper won't work. I configure it through the kde desktop program and it says

    "The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file?"

    Ndiswrapper works fine in knoppix 4.0 using the same drivers and setup. What is wrong? Do I need to install a new ndiswrapper over it?
    I have to load "boot: knoppix nohwsetup home=/dev/sdb1/knoppix" to prevent hardware configuration from hanging.

    I got the same message in KDE ndiswrapper. Furthermore, when I use ndiswrapper as root in Konsole, the driver will install and then the session hangs up when I enter

    ndiswrapper -l

    I wrote a script that worked perfectly in PCLOS. I like Knoppix better, except for this , and so I'd like to get it to work. There was mention in the PCLOS Wiki of a package called "wireless tools." I've done everything in Knoppix that I did in PCLOS and these problems come up (i.e., I have all the necessary files in the directory, etc.)

    Is there a way I can boot that will detect the device without hanging up the whole boot process?

    Thanks,
    Joel

Similar Threads

  1. 'modprobe ndiswrapper' cannot find ndiswrapper module
    By Kaishain in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
  2. ndiswrapper
    By giant_toaster in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-23-2005, 09:09 AM
  3. Does MA111 work with ndiswrapper
    By karthiven in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 10:28 PM
  4. NDISWRAPPER, will it work with the 3.9?
    By Chowderman in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 05:22 AM
  5. How to get ndiswrapper to work with SMP kernel?
    By tr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested* picture

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*

$32.99



LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5 picture

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5

$768.00



Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel SRF90 Xeon Gold 6248 2.50GHz 20 Core LGA 3647 Server CPU Processor

$55.99