Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Screen size problem. 4.0.2. with an i386 pc.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3

    Screen size problem. 4.0.2. with an i386 pc.

    I think i may have put this in the wrong forum beings that no one is replying, so i'll put it here.

    Currently my screensize for knoppix is 640x480, and i would like to change it to 1024 x 768. I went into "configure desktop" and then to display. the only option it gives me is 640x480. I don't know if there is something I must do differently during the startup, or if I'm just doing something wrong. I tried using the cheatcode "knoppix screen=1024x768" and it starts to load up, but right after that it says "you passed an undefined mode number. press <return> to see video modes or press <space> to continue or wait 30 seconds". When i press enter, it gives me all these numbers like 80*25, and 80*40. I usually press SPACE because they only would change the text size for the loading process. I am currently using knoppix 4.0.2. I also know that there are special versions of konppix for i386 pc's. where can i find the downloads to these ones.

    And heres another one problem, sound doesn't work. I tried playing several mp3 files and it seems to be playing fine but the sound just doesn't make it to the speakers. Video files don't work as well. It seems i can't save, delete any files on my harddrive at all[/i]

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3
    fine, i quit knoppix.

Similar Threads

  1. Screen size problem. 4.0.2. with a dell i386 pc.
    By Meteora184 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-23-2006, 07:13 AM
  2. New install Screen Size Problem
    By bwathen in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2005, 12:53 PM
  3. Screen size problem
    By harken in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2005, 03:23 AM
  4. Screen Size Help
    By Jefff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:17 PM
  5. Screen Size
    By CHINAMAN in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$448.20



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory picture

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory

$399.99



Samsung 32GB  2Rx4 PC4  2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M  (SET OF 4) picture

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4 2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M (SET OF 4)

$650.99



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY  picture

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY

$500.00



Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF picture

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF

$120.00