Post your /etc/X11/XFree86config-4
My USB mouse is detected as shown after the autodetect as stated (A4Tech usb mouse on /dev/input/mice). But it is not usable-the cursur just stays on the middle of the screen.
I can only use a mouse after I plug a serial mouse into the serial input "on the fly"-that is with kde already up.
I have not tried connecting ther usb scanner I have. I also checked the USB view and all seems to be correct.
Please help!
Post your /etc/X11/XFree86config-4
Okay I have solved the problem(sort of) THE HARD WAY-by trial and error.
By the way,I have the 'poor man's install' so the xf86config is not saved. Anyone knows how to save it with the cd setup?
The steps:
1. had to delete the myconfig files and the persistent home(using win9.
2. boot to knoppix.This time the usb mouse worked.
3. do KNOPPIX/configuration-both persistent home and config files.
4. reboot knoppix.USB mouse now works.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99