Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I can't get a connection to Internet

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rosario, Argentina
    Posts
    40

    I can't get a connection to Internet

    In a new computer so far with no HD, I fail to get a connection to Internet.

    The machine uses an AMD Sempron 2500 microprocessor and an MSI Motherboard Model K8T Neo-V. It has an integrated ethernet connection (eth0) but I also tested with an ethernet PCI card (eth1). I tried both with Knoppix 5.0 and 4.0 (also olders) with the same results. I use a Cisco model 677 ADSL modem.

    The machine sees both eth0 and eth1, but can't find the concentrator. However, in the modem the LAN LNK green led is on, as soon as the computer is on. The LAN ACT led is off. While searching for the concentrator on eth0, the WAN and LAN ACT leds flash briefly and then go back to off. On eth1 this doesn't happen. The message on the console is 4 times "Timeout waiting for PADO packets"

    With the same elements, cables and CDs, other machines work properly.

    What can I do?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Rosario, Argentina
    Posts
    40
    I have now solved the problem, thanks to a friend's advise.

    First I disabled the ethernet integrated connection.

    Then with only the PCI ethernet card in place, I tried other live Linux CDs. With Kurumin 5.1, a Brazilian live CD, it worked perfectly. It is a strange case that Knoppix does not include the driver for this card. Perhaps it is an old card. I`ll now change this card to a new one to be able to use Knoppix.

Similar Threads

  1. Internet Connection
    By Cambo105 in forum Networking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-12-2007, 04:41 AM
  2. No Internet connection
    By zombie3000 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 04:35 AM
  3. internet connection
    By Tine in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 05:32 PM
  4. USB Internet Connection
    By Josh in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:17 AM
  5. Internet Connection.
    By Sance in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened picture

TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened

$195.00



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$44.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$22.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99