-
VERY ODD mysql error
Code:
root@box:/home/mmike# sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start
Starting MySQL database server: mysqld...failed.
Please take a look at the syslog.
/usr/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' exists!
what am I dooing wrong? am I starting it right?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I get that same error with Knoppix 4.0.2 CD.
Also, if I try sudo mysqld I get error mysqld: unknown variable 'old_passwords=1' which clearly says where the problem is.
Solution is to comment out line "old_passwords = 1" in /etc/mysql/my.cnf and try sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start again.
-

Originally Posted by
malaire
I get that same error with Knoppix 4.0.2 CD.
Also, if I try sudo mysqld I get error mysqld: unknown variable 'old_passwords=1' which clearly says where the problem is.
Solution is to comment out line "old_passwords = 1" in /etc/mysql/my.cnf and try sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start again.
THank you SOOOO much works great now!
Similar Threads
-
By davidh in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2006, 11:17 PM
-
By mzee in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 17
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 08:48 AM
-
By sniker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 03:50 AM
-
By paradocs in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-18-2003, 10:13 PM
-
By Coume in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon W-3245 16-Core 3.2GHz (SRFFD) Apple MAC PRO A1991 CPU Processor
$199.99

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99