-
DVD boot
I can't boot from knoppix DVD. It gets to the hardware detection phase, then says "can't find knoppix filesystem, sorry." I can get to the boot: prompt, though. The CD version works fine. I suspect that my BIOS can't see past the first 700MB (thinking my DVD drive is a CD drive), because I have the same problem with Ubuntu, except that gives me "buffer i/o error on device hdc".
Is there a boot floppy I can download so I can use a floppy to boot up the DVD version? I have no other computer to start up this knoppix DVD and run 'mkbootfloppy', so i would like another way. Can I make a boot floppy from the knoppix 5.0 CD version?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$299.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99