-
x86-64?
I've been using Knoppix for quite some time now, but really only on my older, expendable machines with nothing above a Pentium III, or an Athlon XP 1400+ in my current machine. I've bought some hardware for a new machine I plan to build, but before I buy a motherboard or processor I was curious about one thing: is Knoppix and Debian Linux compatible with x86-64 architecture? Reason being was because I wanted to give an Athlon 64 X2 a shot this time, but before I spend $400 or more on a processor alone, I'd just like to know if Knoppix will run on 64-bit technology. Everything I've used until now is x86, so 64-bit CPUs are entirely new to me.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500T 2.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5W
$119.99