-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
ckamin
Some prior versions were disabled and much earlier, enabled.
Actually, the history is disabled by default, then enabled by default, then "opps, that is causing way too many problems, let's disable it again", and now finally "hey, I forget why we disabled it, lets re-enable it".

Originally Posted by
ckamin
Also the type of media can be an issue. Some drives will read DVD-R, OR DVD+R, and sometimes both. Trying a different media type might be the key also. I would look at the data/spec sheets for your optical drive to see what capabilities it has.
Good point, I had forgotten about trying the other polarity of media. But now that you mention it I would also try DVD/RW media if you have any, for two reasons. First, nothing is lost if it doesn't work. And second the difference in gain needed to read it sometimes corrects problems. I found this out years ago with CDRs and CR/RWs, I would have expected CDRWs to be even more picky, since the bit transistions are much less and it takes extra electronics to read them. But I had a drive that started flaking out on CDRs and eventually all it could read and write correctly was CR/RWs (it could still read pressed CD's), but it worked on CD/RW's fine until I retired it.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

VMware SD-WAN Edge 640N VeloCloud Dell E42W EnterpriseFirewall 32GB
$127.50

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

HPE Networking Instant On Secure Gateway Smart-Managed Switch (S0G33A#ABA) - New
$269.99