-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I use XOSL on several systems. While there may be some restrictions on Ranish, which is included in XOSL, there is no charge requested for XOSL that I have ever seenn and the program is supposedly covered by the GPL (GPL sources available). I did not state that it was free, but I've never seen a request for payent or any sort of "this is shareware, you have thirty days to try it then pay up or remove it" foolishness. I think it is a valid alternative that was worth mentioning, although SBM is likely the better first choice here. I like XOSL because amoung other reasons, it makes a computer that does not support proper CD or DVD booting into one that does, and can even boot off the second optical drive if you wish, as well as being a great multiple boot manager and, yes, containing that Ranish partition manager, which is my first choice for a partition tool.
There is a downside to XOSL that should be mentioned however. It is aging and it now seems to be no longer supported. It still does what it does well, but it apparently lacks support for SATA devices (I have no SATA and have not confirmed this myself, but I have reports of this). But for IDE use it works great for me.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99