-
x86-64?
I've been using Knoppix for quite some time now, but really only on my older, expendable machines with nothing above a Pentium III, or an Athlon XP 1400+ in my current machine. I've bought some hardware for a new machine I plan to build, but before I buy a motherboard or processor I was curious about one thing: is Knoppix and Debian Linux compatible with x86-64 architecture? Reason being was because I wanted to give an Athlon 64 X2 a shot this time, but before I spend $400 or more on a processor alone, I'd just like to know if Knoppix will run on 64-bit technology. Everything I've used until now is x86, so 64-bit CPUs are entirely new to me.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$699.99

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00