-
Hybrid HD install wanted
Hybrid:
It seems I can principally
1. install Knoppix as is to harddisk
2. install as Debian, with users and stuff
What I'd like to do is a hybrid:
1. install Knoppix to harddisk (USB) as Knoppix; that is with full Knoppix hardware recognition
2. which boots to a Debian- or Debian-like setup; that is: with users and stuff
Reason:
I find it even more intriguing to plug a USB harddisk to almost any machine and boot:
1. with full Knoppix hardware recognition and setup
2. running a system with users
So, instead of carrying about my notebook, I just carry the harddisk. And I have a tailored install, setup, you-name-it compared with a generic Knoppix install.
But then I need full hardware detection; X configuration *and* users; a /home/ that is mounted.
I am aware of persitent /home/; yes; but that's not what I want: no users, no logon-screen, no apt-get, no Debian !
Any chance ? Any hint ?
Thanks,
Uwe
Similar Threads
-
By sakiZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
-
By morter in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 10:59 PM
-
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 11:47 PM
-
By completenewbie in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99