Put this in /etc/apt/apt.conf and the problem goes away, at least it did for me today:
APT::Cache-Limit 12582912;
Also using knoppix 3.3 on hd.
I would appreciate if someone could solve this please:
I get the following error on update:
Get:24 http://ftp.debian.org unstable/non-free Release [86B]
Fetched 11.8MB in 56s (210kB/s)
Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occured while processing totem-xine (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.debian.org_debian_dists_testing_main_binary-i386_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
Running Knoppix 3.3 installed on harddisk
My sources:
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especialy
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
# CDROMs are managed through the apt-cdrom tool.
# Security updates for "stable"
#deb http://security.debian.org stable/updates main contrib non-free
#deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main contrib non-free
# Stable
deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian stable main contrib non-free
# Testing
#deb http://ftp2.de.debian.org/pub/debian testing main contrib non-free
##New SID
# OFFICIAL-Security
deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free
# OFFICIAL-Stable
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/ stable/non-US main contrib non-free
# OFFICIAL-Testing
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/ testing/non-US main contrib non-free
# OFFICIAL-Unstable
deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
#deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/ unstable/non-US main contrib non-free
Put this in /etc/apt/apt.conf and the problem goes away, at least it did for me today:
APT::Cache-Limit 12582912;
Also using knoppix 3.3 on hd.
I have this problem also but I HD installed 3.7 and the edit /etc/apt/apt.conf didn't work. Is there a workaround?
I 've also with 3.4 had the same issue, I've setted the APT::Cache-Limit to 20000000; and the error message disappeared.Originally Posted by Cronos55

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99