-
kwifimanager runs in german
I just installed knoppix 5.0.1-CD to my IBM laptop, setup the entire thing with lang=us and everything seems to be english, except whenever I start kwifimanager, it's in german.. thankfully I know the program well enough to work through it in german, but I would love to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't know why that happens, but you should be able to start it in english from Konsole with
Code:
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ LC_ALL=en kwifimanager
knoppix@1[knoppix]$
-
when I run it with that, it does start in English, however whenever I go to configure it, and it asks for root password.. once I enter the password, the configure window is in german. is it possible to pass variables when using kdesu?
-
scratch that.. i figured out the best way to do it.. i enabled root login, logged into kde as root, went through the inital setup process, and then logged out, when i logged in as my user, everything run with kdesu is in english.. thanks for the help, and I hope this helps some other people as well.
Similar Threads
-
By radnor in forum Networking
Replies: 12
Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:06 AM
-
By kelsey in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2006, 01:24 PM
-
By nnigam in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-11-2006, 07:56 PM
-
By js178 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-31-2006, 02:14 AM
-
By indylarry in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 04:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00