Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Kernel Patches

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    14

    Kernel Patches

    Does anyone know where the latest 5.0.1 CD Kernel patches are for kernel 2.6.17?

    Thanks a lot!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Kernel Patches

    Quote Originally Posted by SNIa
    Does anyone know where the latest 5.0.1 CD Kernel patches are for kernel 2.6.17?
    Knoppix uses vanilla kernel from .kernel.org without patches. There is only one patch applied and that you can find from your CD (DVD): /usr/src/knoppix-kernel.patch. See also knoppix-kernel.README file. Normally you don't need that - so at least I don't use it.

    Anyhow, I can't get cloop compiled from Debian unstable cloop-src file at this time for 2.6.17 kernel. Better to wait awhile than try to modify cloop source if you don't exactly know what you are doing. There is a new cloop-src coming to Debian unstable. Just be patient.

    Btw, if you want to apply some patches to your kernel, I think that stable beyond patchset is what you would like to use
    http://iphitus.loudas.com/archck.php

    This is what I use myself.

    Edited 8.7.2006
    Just found the reason for cloop-src compiling problem. Now I have a working cloop.ko module and this is how it was fixed:
    At first: that is a bug, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=376713:
    The deprecated MODULE_PARM() macro has been removed from kernel 2.6.17,
    and must be replaced by module_param() at line 107 of compressed_loop.c
    There is a simple patch existing. Just replace line 107 with this one:
    Code:
    module_param(file, charp, 0);
    Enjoy

    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    14

    going AMD64

    I'm working on a version of Knoppix for AMD64, and also publishing how its done in the hopes that a 64bit version will be released as often as the 32bit version.

    I will try what you mentioned. I am posting my efforts here http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD
    I don't have a working version yet, I can't wait though.

    Thanks,
    Richard Jenniss.

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix kernel patches
    By saied in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 12:50 PM
  2. How do I install kernel source and config/compile kernel??
    By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
  3. Fehlermeldung bei installation eines Patches
    By Asusbob in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:29 AM
  4. Default Kernel patches
    By phrostie in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2003, 12:30 PM
  5. Modified kernel results in Kernel Panic - No init found.
    By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$288.00



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00