-
Junior Member
registered user
Kernel Patches
Does anyone know where the latest 5.0.1 CD Kernel patches are for kernel 2.6.17?
Thanks a lot!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Kernel Patches

Originally Posted by
SNIa
Does anyone know where the latest 5.0.1 CD Kernel patches are for kernel 2.6.17?
Knoppix uses vanilla kernel from .kernel.org without patches. There is only one patch applied and that you can find from your CD (DVD): /usr/src/knoppix-kernel.patch. See also knoppix-kernel.README file. Normally you don't need that - so at least I don't use it.
Anyhow, I can't get cloop compiled from Debian unstable cloop-src file at this time for 2.6.17 kernel. Better to wait awhile than try to modify cloop source if you don't exactly know what you are doing. There is a new cloop-src coming to Debian unstable. Just be patient.
Btw, if you want to apply some patches to your kernel, I think that stable beyond patchset is what you would like to use 
http://iphitus.loudas.com/archck.php
This is what I use myself.
Edited 8.7.2006
Just found the reason for cloop-src compiling problem. Now I have a working cloop.ko module and this is how it was fixed:
At first: that is a bug, see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=376713:
The deprecated MODULE_PARM() macro has been removed from kernel 2.6.17,
and must be replaced by module_param() at line 107 of compressed_loop.c
There is a simple patch existing. Just replace line 107 with this one:
Code:
module_param(file, charp, 0);
Enjoy 
-tapsa-
-
Junior Member
registered user
going AMD64
I'm working on a version of Knoppix for AMD64, and also publishing how its done in the hopes that a 64bit version will be released as often as the 32bit version.
I will try what you mentioned. I am posting my efforts here http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD
I don't have a working version yet, I can't wait though.
Thanks,
Richard Jenniss.
Similar Threads
-
By saied in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2006, 12:50 PM
-
By cfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By Asusbob in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 02:29 AM
-
By phrostie in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 12:30 PM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00