-
Where's the cache and cookies being saved ???
Hi all, I have a question regarding the above matter, can somebody tell me where can I find the temporary internet files and cache being saved in Knoppix 5.0.1 . BTW I'm using live CD. I tried to search at /ramdisk but couldn't finde the specific folder. Thanks a lot.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Where's the cache and cookies being saved ???

Originally Posted by
warpats
Hi all, I have a question regarding the above matter, can somebody tell me where can I find the temporary internet files and cache being saved in Knoppix 5.0.1 . BTW I'm using live CD. I tried to search at /ramdisk but couldn't finde the specific folder. Thanks a lot.
It depends on what browser you use.
Firefox saves cache to /home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/Cache where "xxxxxxxx" is some random characters.
Cookies seems to be saved to /home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default/cookies.txt where "xxxxxxxx" is some random characters.
I'm not sure where Konqueror saves them, likely somewhere below /home/knoppix/.kde
Note that directories (and files) which starts with a dot (like .mozilla and .kde) are "hidden" in Linux.
To see them in Konqueror, select View->Show Hidden Files
-
malaire, thanks for the info.....no wonder couldn't find it coz it's hidden file. Thanks bro.
Similar Threads
-
By bokaroseani in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 08:28 AM
-
By kevmo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 10:14 PM
-
By NoviceW in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 08:17 PM
-
By OldFNG in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-30-2003, 05:27 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 08:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99