Hey ppl,
this may seem like a stupid question, but I'll try anyway.
I have Knoppix 3.2 running on my Notebook (Gericom Overdose S)
and everything works fine, but ...
I can not connect to the net with the KDE Modem Dialer app.
I have setup a permanent Knoppix home directory on my HDD (hda1)
via the option in the KDE "Knoppix" menu bit.
The modem in my notebook is an internal Smart Link 56k, which doesn't seem to work with any of the "device" options available in the Modem Dialer app.
I know very little about Linux so far, so please bear with me.
I tried all of the options but none work (obviously because the ttyS0 etc. stand for the serial / USB ports)
So ...I have downloaded the latest drivers for my modem from the smlink.com website, and would like to install them on Knoppix now.
Thing is that this is probably not possible since I don't have Knoppix permanently installed on HDD but only the permanent home directory.
My question now is ..
"Is it possible to install i.e. modem drivers, so that they are stored in the permanent home directory along with the configuration so that everything is loaded with the next boot?"
A weird question maybe, but I'd just like to know if it is even possible to deal with things that way.
thanks in advance for anyone having a go with this ...
Ben

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21
NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99