-
Wireless USB almost works
Greetings! I have been using Knoppix for a while now. Recently as a challenge, I had my cable de-activated. I got a wireless USB device and wanted to see if I could log on to some signal. I live in a location where there are multiple public and private signals, some are open, such as cafes, motels, etc.
This is for a desktop, not a laptop.
Anyways, I got the device to work. I can control it, scan for and connect to signals. I see lights flashing on the device indicating data flow.
However I can't ping and the web browsers that come with Knoppix that automatically worked with cable do not work with the wireless USB device.
I'll log on with more detailed information tomorrow, but if anyone knows the setting I have wrong please reply! Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By gebman in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-29-2007, 08:35 PM
-
By Jacky in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-03-2006, 08:00 AM
-
By ajis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-02-2006, 09:03 PM
-
By amitram2001 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 02:18 AM
-
By Brett Clark in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00