sh-3.1# whoami
root
sh-3.1# firefox
Bus error
I think I have plenty of memory to begin with:
sh-3.1# free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2076084 462256 1613828 0 96152 217408
-/+ buffers/cache: 148696 1927388
Swap: 0 0 0
sh-3.1# dmesg | tail
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524436
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524435
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524436
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524435
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524436
why is this happening?
I did run the cheatsheet "knoppix testcd" and everything appeared to be OK.
.
C

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster
$895.00
Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00
Tandy 1000 Personal Computer Keyboard 8-Pin DIN Radio Shack Vintage Untested
$49.99
Vintage IIT XtraDrive 3.0 Disk Compression Software Windows DOS 5.25" Floppy Box
$23.74
IBM PCjr Chiclet Keyboard 1503275 Wireless Infrared 1983 Vintage Untested As-Is
$34.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99