Do you see desktop icons marked with labels like hda1 or sda1? Start there.
Then read answer #6.
I am tottally new to knoppixand I normally use windows....I want to know how I can access my files in my windows hard disk from knoppix......does anyone know how I can access it
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Do you see desktop icons marked with labels like hda1 or sda1? Start there.
Then read answer #6.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
no there is no desktop icons
We need more information. Go to a root terminal window. and type fdisk /l (letter L, lower case). This will tell you what hard drives KNOPPIX is seeing and how they are partitioned. It gives us more to diagnose. Right now we assume there are either 1) no recognizable hard drives or 2) they have no partitions that are understood by Linux.
i did that and it said "unable to open /l" (L)....On my other computer it works fine....does this mean my hard disk isnt recognissable?
Actually it's fdisk -l and not fdisk /l. (lower-case L in both)

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99
Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99
ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99