-
Senior Member
registered user
Bus error
while trying to lunch firefox
sh-3.1# whoami
root
sh-3.1# firefox
Bus error
I think I have plenty of memory to begin with:
sh-3.1# free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2076084 462256 1613828 0 96152 217408
-/+ buffers/cache: 148696 1927388
Swap: 0 0 0
sh-3.1# dmesg | tail
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524436
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524435
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524436
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524435
cloop: zlib decompression error -5 uncompressing block 16388 65536/65536/28802/0 399353147-399381949
Buffer I/O error on device cloop0, logical block 524436
why is this happening?
I did run the cheatsheet "knoppix testcd" and everything appeared to be OK.
.
C
Similar Threads
-
By maxIT in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 05:53 PM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By ewangr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:25 PM
-
By jooliaan in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2004, 08:50 PM
-
By computerguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 04-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Peripherals Inc. Ramsack III ISA Memory Expansion 16bit 8 SIMM
$85.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$69.99

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00

Vintage Retro NOS Seagate ST-277R-1 65MB 5.25" RLL Hard Drive Vintage XT AT Era
$129.95

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Abacus Software Vintage Commodore 64 Book Lot 3: Printer, Sci & Eng, ML
$100.00

Vintage Personal Accounting & Essential Office 2 CD-ROM PAK For Windows 3.0
$114.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99