-
Networkless comp install problems
I have been installing knoppix 5.0.1 onto an old, networkless computer with a 10 gig hd. I've allways been able to run the live cd on this computer, but after startup, all I get is a command prompt. I can log in, but I don't know how to start KDE and all I get is a command prompt. Is there a command that I need to use to start KDE?
Also, if this is the root of the problems, durring installation, the konsole was flashing errors like
Code:
cp reading `[path to file]': Input/output error
all over the place. I think that the cd wasn't able to copy a large portion of the stuff that it needs to the hard disk (even though I partitioned it so that it has 1 gig of swap and 9 gigs of ext3 space labled as "/").
Similar Threads
-
By pluto in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-17-2005, 06:34 PM
-
By GoP-Demon in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:08 AM
-
By ciberrust in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 07:38 AM
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-28-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By Ekj530 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 09:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM DDR4 Server Memory RAM
$355.00

Samsung 16GB DDR4 3200MHz ECC (1x16GB)
$100.00

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99

Samsung 32GB (1x32GB) PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133) LRDIMM Memory (M386A4G40DM0-CPB0Q)
$120.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SAMSUNG 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P M393A2G40DB0-CPB3Q DDR4 Memory RAM *HP 752369-081
$75.00

Samsung (21x16GB) 336GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA, PC4-2666V Laptop Memory DDR4
$1299.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$155.00

P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00

6 in 1 USB 3.0 Type C Card Reader SD Micro SD TF OTG Memory Adapter Laptop PC US
$3.95