Quote Originally Posted by w0lfinator
oh..not really..I just wasn't sure where it would best be suited because I figured this would end up being an installation issue anyway.
Knoppix is not a good choice for installing, there are well know problems with trying. Some very experienced users can make it work, but I have not yet heard any good reasons for actually doing this over a Debian install. The Debain install will then let you install any application that is included with Knoppix. A Debian install will not resolve your memory issues if you have 32 megs. A Debain text based install should go quite well. But any GUI is going to tax that system. The default Debian GUI is Gnome, which is less memory intensive than KDE (KDE is always an option), but I think even Gnome eats too much memory for your hardware.

I'm going to go ahead and move this out of the hard disk install fourm, you may get better feedback from others on your original topic if it is in a different forum.