Quote Originally Posted by ckamin
linux student:

There is another way. You can set up an electrical switch to turn on "either" drive before booting the system, not "both". It would cut power to the drive you do not wish to use and allow the drive you want to be powered up. Just be sure NOT to touch it when the machine is powered up. I have one somewhere that used a lock-out circuit when the system is powered. There was a commercial version of the switch offered at one time, but it should be simple enough to design and fabricate. You could then use your 100Gig untouched, or select the new 250Gig with Linux or whatever other OS you wished to use. You could have several. That way you would not jeopardize your Windows install. The actual design would also depend on if you are using SATA or PATA drives, or both.
Do you think I could find one of those in Comp USA, Circut City or best buy? I personally would not try to fabricate one of them myself, because I might make a mistake and mess something up.

You guys enjoy your weekend.