-
Unionfs installed on hd?
I don't believe that the unionfs configuration is present on the hd install. However, is the unionfs kernel module and utilities installed?
Thanks for the help.
-
sounds redundant to me... but you never know till you try i guess. some of the uses for unionfs are "unified source tree management... merged separate software package directories, data grids, and more."(http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html) these things look somewhat specialized. I would think that if your using knoppix for these things you would be compiling your own kernel in a couple of months anyways, so why bother? Right?
-
why wait?
I'm not sure how stable the unionfs system is.. or if it will become a part of the kernel tree that quickly. I just want to know of the unionfs.ko is present in a knoppix hd install. Also when knoppix installs, is it an uncompressed image or does it do a poor man's install with a compressed image? I've got a unique system using a CF (8GB) for a hd. I just don't want to burn up the CF with writes in the process.
-
Re: why wait?

Originally Posted by
ethyr2000
is it an uncompressed image or does it do a poor man's install with a compressed image?
choice is yours, make up your own method if you want. The installer scripts give a short explaination, details found in the wiki i think.

Originally Posted by
ethyr2000
I've got a unique system using a CF (8GB) for a hd. I just don't want to burn up the CF with writes in the process.
CF... Compact Flash Card? I think they come with a lifetime or something like 5yr warrenty don't they? flashmemorystore says they have lifetime warrenty. "most commercially available flash products are guaranteed to withstand 1 million programming cycles" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory so I don't think you will hurt your drive with a few installs of knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By Fabianx in forum Ideas
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2006, 11:30 PM
-
By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
-
By davea0511 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile
$35.00

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03
$99.95

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00