Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: disabling irq 3, halt

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3

    disabling irq 3, halt

    I've had this error for as long as I've had Linux installed and have needed to boot using a live cd. I've tried Mepis as well.

    irq 3:nobody cared!
    handlers:
    [] (ide_intr+0x0/0x190)
    disabling IRQ #3

    It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't need to access my secondary scsi drive, which is where Linux is installed. My sata drive relies on a sata controller host card, which is most likely where the problem lies. When I unplug the sata cable, Mepis boots without a hitch. My primary (Windows) drive is ide.

    Thanks for any help. It would be nice to finally resolve this.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    is the card a Intel 31244?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3
    Nope. It's an IOFLEX PSA150 (Silcion Image 3112).

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    what kernel version are you using?

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    well, over and over again i see references to acpi as a possiabe cause... so try either pci=noacpi or pci=biosirq or noacpi in the kernel command line. I like pci=biosirq since it looks like a irq asignment conflict. Hope this can help.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3
    Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried all of those boot parameters with no success.
    I have since fixed my distro (Debian), although I was unfortunately forced to use Windows.

    It would still be nice to resolve this in case I run into an emergency later.
    I'm going to try some other live distros (Ubuntu, Slax, Gentoo). Hopefully I'll have more luck with these, although I very much doubt it.


    Thanks

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    59
    you used windows?? you used windows to fix a linux distro?? why don't you post the fix for this problem so the world can enjoy what you have done!?

Similar Threads

  1. Disabling IRQ #15 - IBM R30
    By besnia in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2005, 12:25 AM
  2. Initializing periferals halt...
    By Myth in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:01 AM
  3. Halt monitor when Knoppix been loaded
    By Nasio in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 02:46 AM
  4. system halt when start X
    By panlm in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 03:04 AM
  5. system halt when start X
    By panlm in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2003, 02:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS picture

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS

$49.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$229.99



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00