Quote Originally Posted by cleverlion
Hi malaire,

Thanks for the response. Here's the output of mount:
Code:
/dev/root on / type ext2 (rw)
/ramdisk on /ramdisk type tmpfs (rw,size=610288k)
/UNIONFS on /UNIONFS type unionfs
(rw,dirs=/ramdisk=rw:/KNOPPIX=ro,delete=whiteout)
/dev/hdc on /cdrom type iso9660 (ro)
/dev/cloop on /KNOPPIX type iso9660 (ro)
/proc on /proc type proc (rw)
/proc/bus/usb on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,devmode=0666)
/dev/pts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
I don't really understand this at all, if you still get "already mounted" error for /dev/hda1 as it's clearly not mounted according to this listing.
Still, you could try umount /dev/hda1 and then trying to mount /dev/hda1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by cleverlion
Also, how do you apply a boot code?
When you start LiveCD, you should get a boot-prompt at the beginning where you can use boot-options. (If you don't give any boot-options normal boot starts in few seconds) As I don't really understand your problem, I'm not sure if these can help or not. Still you could try e.g. knoppix nofstab or failsafe.