-
Junior Member
registered user
APM power-off
With Knoppix 4.02 my PC shutdown correctly with power-off,
but with 5.01 APM not work. It looks that kernel didn't have apm module.
-
I have a Dell Latitude laptop with a Genuine Intel Mobile Pentium MMX Cpu running 233 MHz, 48 Mbytes of RAM. I have added to it a 3Com 3CCE589ET PCMCIA card.
When I boot the machine using
knoppix vga=0 acpi=off pnpbios=off noapic noapm nodma debug -b
i get past the stage 1, 2, and 3 shells. Then I get to the root@console shell. I can mount the /proc file system. I can run lspci -v (output below). However, once I exit from this shell, the machine powers off.
Now, in the process of writing this up, the machine did NOT power off. What I did was remove and insert the PCMCIA card and I also ran the lspci -v command - and of course, the machine waited a long time while I typed all oif the output of lspci -v by hand.
So this is the worst kind of problem - it's intermittent. 
Any advice, please?
Thank you
Jeff Silverman
-----------------------------------------
lspcic -v shows
0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporatoin 430TX - 82439TX MTXC (rev 01)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32
0000:00:01.0 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ISA (rev 01)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 0
0000:00:01.1 IDE Interface: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 IDE (rev 01)(prog-if 80 [Master])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64
I/O portds at 0860 [size=16]
0000:00:01.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 USB (rev 01)(prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32 IRQ 11
I/O portds at ece0 [size=32]
0000:00:01.3 Bridge: Intel Corporation 82371AB/EB/MB PIIX4 ACPI (rev 01)
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, IRQ 9
0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Neomagic Corporation NM2160 [MagicGraph 128XD] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Dell MagicGraph 128XD
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at fd000000 (32 bit, prefetchable) [size=16M]
Memory at fbe00000 (32 bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
Memory at fbd00000 (32 bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1M]
0000:00:03.0 CardBus Bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1131 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Dell: Unknown device 0075
Flags: Bus Master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at 18000000 (32 bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=04, sec-latency=176
memory window 0: 10000000-11fff00 (prefetchable)
memory window 1: 12000000-13fff00 (prefetchable)
I/O window 0: 00001000-000010ff
I/O window 0: 00001400-000014ff
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001
0000:00:03.1 CardBus Bridge: Texas Instruments PCI1131 (rev 01)
Subsystem: Dell: Unknown device 0075
Flags: Bus Master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
Memory at 18000000 (32 bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Bus: primary=00, secondary=05, subordinate=08, sec-latency=176
memory window 0: 14000000-15fff00 (prefetchable)
memory window 1: 16000000-17fff00 (prefetchable)
I/O window 0: 00001800-000018ff
I/O window 0: 00001c00-00001cff
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001
Similar Threads
-
By Stealth870 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 01:49 PM
-
By ronnie__g in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By spiwokv in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 06:18 PM
-
By dimkal in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
-
By eadz in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 02:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99