-
Hey Harry -
I should have mentioned that this is running inside of a VMWare instance. I meant to do so and just forgot. I don't have any reason to suspect that the hardware is failing. More likely, I think, that the dhcp server isn't responding to the machine's request. What I don't understand is why. That said, though, running netcardconfig did exactly what I hoped it would do. eth0 is back online and I have a static IP.
Thanks very much for your help.
Similar Threads
-
By paradigm_shift in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-28-2005, 01:25 AM
-
By masticate in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 01:18 PM
-
By tomson in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 04:01 PM
-
By fabry6210 in forum Networking
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 09:25 PM
-
By LTCM in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99