-
Senior Member
registered user
There something weird there libarts is no even installed on my woody machine unless it is looking for the aRts Sound.
Code:
[email protected]:~$ dpkg -l libarts*
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Description
+++-================-================-================================================
un libarts <none> (no description available)
un libarts-alsa <none> (no description available)
un libarts-mpeglib <none> (no description available)
ii libarts1 1.1.1-0woody1 aRts Sound system
ii libarts1-audiofi 3.1.1-0woody1 audiofile (aRts plugin)
ii libarts1-mpeglib 3.1.1-0woody1 mpeglib is a mp3 and mpeg I video/audio library
ii libartsc0 1.1.1-0woody1 aRts Sound system C support library
What else do you have in your sources.list and have you tried installing every thing it wants on the laptop in the one operation like I suggested above?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have upgraded to KDE 3.1.1 on my woody systems.
you'll need to remove libarts and then install libarts1 see Stephen's dpkg -l listing.
You shouldn't have a lot of trouble going from KDE 2.2 to 3.1.1 but going from any 3.X to a newer version can be troublesome.
If you run into problems because a file is listed in two packages use:
dpkg --force overwrite -i * package-name
then rerun apt-get dist-upgrade (and possibly dpkg --configure -a) until everything is OK.
HTH
rock
-

Originally Posted by
Stephen
What else do you have in your sources.list and have you tried installing every thing it wants on the laptop in the one operation like I suggested above?
In sources.list I have the standard security.debian.org and the two cds I installed from, along with the KDE source.
Trying to install everything it wants on the laptop gets me down to these dependencies:
libart-2.0-2
libsensors1
libasound2
libmad0
poster
-

Originally Posted by
RockMumbles
you'll need to remove libarts and then install libarts1 see Stephen's dpkg -l listing.
Tried that and libarts was removed ok, but trying to install libarts 1 gives me these dependencies:
libasound2
libglib2.0-0
libmad0
Trying to install any of these three gives the error: Package * has no installation candidate.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Do you have sources.list entries for debian stable? Such as:
the three packages you need are in debian stable repositories not in kde
HTH
rock
-

Originally Posted by
RockMumbles
the three packages you need are in debian stable repositories not in kde
Indeed they are! Thanks very much for your help. I've installed all of the packages it was complaining about and I'm now downloading KDE, hopefully I won't have any further trouble.
Thanks again!
-
Everything worked fine and I'm now posting this from KDE 3.1.1!
Thanks again!
Similar Threads
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-10700K 8-Core 3.80GHz LGA1200 CPU SRH72 i7-10700K
$75.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i5-12500 CPU 3.00GHz LGA 1700 Desktop Processor (SRL5V)
$150.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95