Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: A few problems / questions I am having

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    A few problems / questions I am having

    I am new to knoppix and I have only just got my head round the hd installation lol.

    however I am having a few more probs now

    1. how do I modify files on other hardrives? I have 3 hd's . the one i have knoppix on and the 2 others are fat32 one has my windows installation on and the other is a backup drive, were i just store what ever i think needs to be stored.

    I have been trying to save files from knoppix to this backup drive, I have even tryed drag and drop tacktics to move files there with no results?
    I thought it was a job for root so i started my browser with sudo to see if this helped and still nothing?

    2. is there a way to setup a root login,
    I have googled this all over and there seems to be loads of people asking the same question but i have not found a way to do this?

    3. bittorrent!
    I believe this is part of the package with knoppix dvd v5, however I have tried to use it on 3 different computers now and cant seem to find any way to get bittorrent to handle the torrent files? as i just stuppid or is there a problm here?

    I will leave my questions at that for now, thanks for any help you can give

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Zurich of all places
    Posts
    11

    Re: A few problems / questions I am having

    Quote Originally Posted by SMNug
    1. how do I modify files on other hardrives? I have 3 hd's . the one i have knoppix on and the 2 others are fat32 one has my windows installation on and the other is a backup drive, were i just store what ever i think needs to be stored.

    I have been trying to save files from knoppix to this backup drive, I have even tryed drag and drop tacktics to move files there with no results?
    I thought it was a job for root so i started my browser with sudo to see if this helped and still nothing?
    I think you can just right-click the partition icons on the desktop to change read/write mode.
    http://knoppix.net/wiki/Rescue_FAQ#Q...ue_the_data.3F
    This is true for the normal hdd partitions as well as the USB drive partitions.

    2. is there a way to setup a root login,
    I have googled this all over and there seems to be loads of people asking the same question but i have not found a way to do this?
    A graphical root login? Why on earth would you want that? You can do all things root in a terminal window, just open one (Konsole, for example), type in "su" and then press Enter.

    I have no clue on bittorrent, maybe try its documentation.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie: Little laptop, no CD, huge problems and questions
    By Little Toshi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 11:18 PM
  2. Some questions and problems
    By anthro in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:15 AM
  3. 2 questions
    By mati in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 01:33 PM
  4. A few questions
    By jshah329 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
  5. X questions
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$162.04



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit picture

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit

$399.00



US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits picture

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits

$13.89



2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower picture

2 in 1 Compressed Air Duster Air Blower & Vacuum Cleaner Cordless Duster Blower

$16.99



Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles picture

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles

$53.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$107.67



Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard picture

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard

$17.99