-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix freeze because CD-Rom ¿why me?
I´m user of Knoppix. I installed Knoppix 4.02 DVD on my new laptop (Compaq Presario v2617la; la= latin american, that means the keyboard is in spanish, nothing special).
On KDE or Gnome desktop, when i put a CD-Rom disk and system start to read the disk or start to use the CD-Rom device, all computer is freeze. For a long time, I need to restart computer with the start buttom.
¿any one know how fix this problem?
Thanks
-
see if dma is turned on with '/usr/sbin/knoppix-dma' if yes, turn it off then try using it.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I did that, but not fix it. I probe with other CD's. The music CD's work fine, but not the movies DVD's. Still I don't know what happend.
Similar Threads
-
By willy_hun in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2006, 04:51 PM
-
By stonee in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 07:03 AM
-
By StefanR in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-16-2005, 06:22 AM
-
By gildedlink in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM
-
By nmella in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore 64c Computer System
$550.00

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 64/C64 23 Original Games (Untested /As Is ,no returns )Maniac Mansion
$115.00

Commodore SX-64 Personal Computer
$600.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00