see if dma is turned on with '/usr/sbin/knoppix-dma' if yes, turn it off then try using it.
I´m user of Knoppix. I installed Knoppix 4.02 DVD on my new laptop (Compaq Presario v2617la; la= latin american, that means the keyboard is in spanish, nothing special).
On KDE or Gnome desktop, when i put a CD-Rom disk and system start to read the disk or start to use the CD-Rom device, all computer is freeze. For a long time, I need to restart computer with the start buttom.
¿any one know how fix this problem?
Thanks
see if dma is turned on with '/usr/sbin/knoppix-dma' if yes, turn it off then try using it.
I did that, but not fix it. I probe with other CD's. The music CD's work fine, but not the movies DVD's. Still I don't know what happend.

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$1259.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
PNY CS2340 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 Upgrade Kit SSD 7400/6100MB/s
$130.00
SanDisk Optimus GX 7100 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD Heatsink
$150.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99