-
1 Linux for 3 diferent computers on a disk bracket help me??
First an explination
I go to school where they use at least 3 diferent computers currently to use them we use our own harddisk with 3 different versions of MS windows.
Since Live CD's are capable of running on multiple hardware I was wondering.
Could I install Knoppix but preserve the Live CD properties of checking hardware everytime so I can use the same install for 3 different computers???
The 3 computers currently are:
- HP/Compaq P4 HT 2,8 GHz intel 915 chipset
- Dell™ OptiPlex™ GX240 1,7 GHz P4 probably also intel chipset.
- Last and most sertainly least important because there aren't that many of these Fujitsu Siemens no idee about the mobo 2,4 GHz P4
(They all use onboard Ethernet, Graffics and sound (I don't really care about the sound)
So could I use 1 install of Knoppix or any other Linux you van reconmend for booting op all 3 systems.
I'm relatively new to Linux, I only tried 3 distro's so far and can't live without a dual boot with XP (for now).
At home I just passed the barrier of using Linux more then Windows but I have to use Windows at school all the time I might revert to Windows.
Because I spend about 5 hours on school computers a day and maybe 2 home.
And because we mainly work with VMware and stuff at school that is not a problem (is it????, I never tried it with Knoppix)
Similar Threads
-
By watar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
-
By smileeb in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 10:16 AM
-
By piko in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:10 PM
-
By Leox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

2U AI MINING SERVER 2x Xeon 36 cores 2.3Ghz DDR4 2x NVIDIA V100 GPU PCIe 2PS USA
$799.00

Windows Server 2025 datacenter 64bit 24 Core 50 cal DVD + PRODUCT LICENSE KEY.
$49.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99