-
Searching for CD: then dropped in shell!
I am trying to use Knoppix to access an old laptop drive that has Windows user accounts that are protected by Windows XP.
I burned my CD from an ISO download. It pops up fine, I hit enter it finds USB/firewire devices, enables DMA acceleration for hda and hdc. Then it says "Looking for CD in: /dev/hdc" for a long time.... it seems to freeze.
I get an error message: "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry. Dropping you to a (very limited) shell."
I have a HP Pavillion dv5000 laptop. This is Knoppix 5.0.1.
Suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By 77yrold in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-30-2009, 10:49 PM
-
By Lilbaby in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-11-2008, 01:26 PM
-
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-09-2006, 02:20 PM
-
By brianfay in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-03-2005, 05:23 PM
-
By deadsoul in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-10-2003, 12:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Rainbow Metal Case Emblem Logo rectangle
$49.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Performa 6300CD M3076 Powers On Chimes Untested As Is
$99.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00