Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: help! can't connect to internet

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6

    help! can't connect to internet

    I choose sty0 (or smth like it) from device section. In the modem section I get answer from modem.

    But when I try to connect it says "Initializing Modem..." and nothing happens. It never dials the number

    What's the problem?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    THiM- perhaps a little more info?? Is this a conexant modem? If so use the search function- it will give you the answers.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6
    yes it's connexant soft56K

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    West Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    7
    hmmm...I have same problem with my knoppix box. my modem is rockwell external v90 on ttyS1. what is the solution?

    for connexant u can see at http://linmodem.org coz ur modem is soft modem.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    6
    I've downloaded a driver from linuxant.com but coultn't install because I run my knoppix on cd-rom

    Have to I install it to hdd?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by THiM
    I've downloaded a driver from linuxant.com but coultn't install because I run my knoppix on cd-rom

    Have to I install it to hdd?
    This thread might help.

Similar Threads

  1. Cant connect to the internet
    By simplyskate in forum Networking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-28-2005, 06:45 PM
  2. HELP!!! I CAN'T CONNECT TO THE INTERNET!
    By vzlandude in forum Networking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:24 AM
  3. i can't normally connect to internet
    By linukas in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 10:13 AM
  4. connect to the internet
    By sunpascal in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2004, 02:08 PM
  5. Connect to Internet, but, goes nowhere
    By bmorlan in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-23-2004, 04:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14 picture

Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14

$324.99



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99