I am creating an encrypted usb hard drive for my sensitive files to be carried around with me. I want to access them from different computers and different operating systems.
I have installed truecrypt (www.truecrypt.org) on my linux system at home. I have created several partitions on the usb drive, one of them encrypted with truecrypt. The first partition of this usb drive is meant to be able to boot a linux system in case I want to access the files from someone else's pc without installing the truecrypt software. I have successfully moved knoppix to that partition and made it bootable.
Only: I cannot install truecrypt from source on this system after chroot'ing, because there seem to be no linux header files available for the new knoppix 5.0.1!
Is that true or an I overlooking something? Does anyone know a way out?
Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" FHD Touchscreen i5-1145G7 16GB RAM 256GB SSD
$249.99