-
knoppix 5 cupsys
I just installed Knoppix 5 onto my harddisk. Everything works except the printing.
I do not have a printer attach by is printing to a HP LJ printer attached to a Win XP computer.
When I start KDE Control Center to add a printer, I got a message that I cannot connect to CUPS. I have tried reinstalling CUPSYS and restarting it but got the same error.
Another thing. When I type http://localhost:631, I got the html code and not the webpage.
If I proceed to add a printer, the error message about not being able to connect to CUPS will not appear the next time I start the KDE Control Center again, the error message would not appear. If I remove the printer, the connection error will appear again.
When I tried to print a test page to the printer, I got an error message:- client-error-document-format-not-supported
Can anyone help out?
Similar Threads
-
By jmkpost in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99