-
knoppix 5 cupsys
I just installed Knoppix 5 onto my harddisk. Everything works except the printing.
I do not have a printer attach by is printing to a HP LJ printer attached to a Win XP computer.
When I start KDE Control Center to add a printer, I got a message that I cannot connect to CUPS. I have tried reinstalling CUPSYS and restarting it but got the same error.
Another thing. When I type http://localhost:631, I got the html code and not the webpage.
If I proceed to add a printer, the error message about not being able to connect to CUPS will not appear the next time I start the KDE Control Center again, the error message would not appear. If I remove the printer, the connection error will appear again.
When I tried to print a test page to the printer, I got an error message:- client-error-document-format-not-supported
Can anyone help out?
Similar Threads
-
By jmkpost in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00