Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Need some help install ATI Drivers

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3

    Need some help install ATI Drivers

    I wanted some linux because windows was driving me insane, so I installed a distro of linux that I had lying around.

    The ISO is labeled as:

    KNOPPIX_V5.0.1CD-2006-06-01-EN.iso

    so apparently I have Knoppix Version 5.0.1

    What I want to do is install the ATI Drivers at ati.com, here is the log file for the installation:

    Code:
    [Message] Kernel Module : Trying to install a precompiled kernel module.
    [Message] Kernel Module : Precompiled kernel module version mismatched.
    [Message] Kernel Module : Found kernel module build environment, generating kernel module now.
    ATI module generator V 2.0
    ==========================
    initializing...
    cleaning...
    patching 'highmem.h'...
    assuming new VMA API since we do have kernel 2.6.x...
     Assuming default VMAP API
    doing Makefile based build for kernel 2.6.x and higher
    make -C /lib/modules/2.6.17/build SUBDIRS=/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.17'
    Makefile:266: /usr/src/linux-2.6.17/scripts/Kbuild.include: No such file or directory
    Makefile:486: /usr/src/linux-2.6.17/arch/i386/Makefile: No such file or directory
    make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-2.6.17/arch/i386/Makefile'.  Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.17'
    make: *** [kmod_build] Error 2
    build failed with return value 2
    [Error] Kernel Module : Failed to compile kernel module - please consult readme.
    anyone else get somthing similar, or know how to help me install these drivers?

    Currently I'm using the ati driver that's included in the knoppix installation, but GLX Gears or any openGL Programs I try to run run extremely slowly.

    Also, I want to be able to use a resolution of 1280x800, as that's the size of my LCD.

    Any help is greately appreciated, thanks.

  2. #2
    The ATI drivers from ati.com don't have support for X.org 7.00 and that might be the problem. I also tried installing the drivers with my RADEON 9600 but with no success. I managed to install the kernel driver after removing the old driver with a "modprobe -r ati" but there was no 3D accel. The driver was not working.

    However afer reinstalling knoppix (withoput installing any ati official driver) I tried to play something on CEDEGA (tm) and everything was fine. The X.org ati driver worked and I had OpenGL / Software 3D acceleration with default Mesa.

    It seems that we have to wait for a ati release to support X.org 7.00

Similar Threads

  1. how to install drivers
    By marcusaureliusbrutus in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 11:37 AM
  2. Have Modem Drivers - Can't Install Them
    By Kowood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 11:03 PM
  3. Would like to install Nvidia drivers in 2.6.5
    By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 05:56 PM
  4. install new drivers ?
    By Ragnar in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 01:05 PM
  5. Is it possible to install the hostap drivers
    By ABE in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



LOT OF 10 - Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP picture

LOT OF 10 - Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP

$69.99



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



Yealink SIP Phone T85W picture

Yealink SIP Phone T85W

$153.99