Well, I'm just backing up my /home directory...... I couldn't find a solution, so reformat it is.....
I'm at my wits end. - the problem:
root@box:/home/stuart# ps -ef | grep cup
root 6231 1 0 09:28 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd - hence cups server is running
root@box:/home/stuart# ping localhost
PING box (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from box (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.076 ms
etc.
Hence no issues with the locahost.
Going to http://localhost:631 gives plain text html - so I cannot add my Epson 880 printer. Obvoiusly I was going here in the find place to add it, as I was getting the dreaded "Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: the IPP request failed for an unknown reason."
Based on booting the live cd, installing the printer from localhost:631, I have checked all the packages I should have (doing a search in Kpackage on 'cups' 'foomatic' 'ijs' - some 24, are all loaded). I've also done an 'apt-get update' - so should have the latest.....
I am just so run out of ideas - anyone help? please?
Stoo.....
Well, I'm just backing up my /home directory...... I couldn't find a solution, so reformat it is.....

Vintage Apple Macintosh M0116 Keyboard & A9M0331 Mouse ADB Tested Working
$125.00
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Apple Vintage 90s Employee Laptop Bag With Shoulder Strap
$35.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh M0100 Mouse Beige One Button DB9 Made USA Untested
$59.99
Vintage Apple 5.25 External Floppy Drive A9M0107 Untested
$40.00
Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo MiniDock Portable Mini Dock M7780 Vintage Mac RARE
$136.99
Vintage APPLE EXTENDED KEYBOARD w/ Orange Alps Switches & Cable M0115 UNTESED
$134.95
Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$292.92
Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99