-
Senior Member
registered user
I've broken cups - yes cupsd is running!
I'm at my wits end. - the problem:
root@box:/home/stuart# ps -ef | grep cup
root 6231 1 0 09:28 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd - hence cups server is running
root@box:/home/stuart# ping localhost
PING box (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from box (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.076 ms
etc.
Hence no issues with the locahost.
Going to http://localhost:631 gives plain text html - so I cannot add my Epson 880 printer. Obvoiusly I was going here in the find place to add it, as I was getting the dreaded "Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: the IPP request failed for an unknown reason."
Based on booting the live cd, installing the printer from localhost:631, I have checked all the packages I should have (doing a search in Kpackage on 'cups' 'foomatic' 'ijs' - some 24, are all loaded). I've also done an 'apt-get update' - so should have the latest.....
I am just so run out of ideas - anyone help? please?
Stoo.....
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-22-2009, 05:54 AM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-07-2008, 01:12 AM
-
By bob58 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:38 PM
-
By Razor-X in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 06:09 AM
-
By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

LOT OF 5 Samsung 870 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA SSD TLC DRAM 95% or Better
$250.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00