Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I've broken cups - yes cupsd is running!

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145

    I've broken cups - yes cupsd is running!

    I'm at my wits end. - the problem:

    root@box:/home/stuart# ps -ef | grep cup
    root 6231 1 0 09:28 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cupsd - hence cups server is running

    root@box:/home/stuart# ping localhost
    PING box (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from box (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.076 ms
    etc.
    Hence no issues with the locahost.

    Going to http://localhost:631 gives plain text html - so I cannot add my Epson 880 printer. Obvoiusly I was going here in the find place to add it, as I was getting the dreaded "Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly installed and running. Error: the IPP request failed for an unknown reason."

    Based on booting the live cd, installing the printer from localhost:631, I have checked all the packages I should have (doing a search in Kpackage on 'cups' 'foomatic' 'ijs' - some 24, are all loaded). I've also done an 'apt-get update' - so should have the latest.....

    I am just so run out of ideas - anyone help? please?

    Stoo.....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145
    Well, I'm just backing up my /home directory...... I couldn't find a solution, so reformat it is.....

Similar Threads

  1. CUPS: "/etc/cups/ssl/server.crt" is a bad symlink
    By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 05:54 AM
  2. Starting CUPS in 5.3.1
    By boehmb in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 01:12 AM
  3. Disable CUPSD from start up???
    By bob58 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 05:38 PM
  4. Can't get CUPS to work
    By Razor-X in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 06:09 AM
  5. CUPS Problem
    By Ray in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 02:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99