-
Junior Member
registered user
Poor Man's Install questions
Hi,
I'm a newbie, and I hope someone can help me with this. I've just done the PMI, and Knoppix boots up fine...I know I'll need to partition my HD in order to be able to write files to my HD, but I wanted to see if I could get the OS to boot, first. As soon as I can solve this next problem, then I think I'll take the plunge and start divvying up the ol' HD. 
ON EDIT: I found that I could mount the CD-RW drive with
mount /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom
But here's the weird part...when I'm running Knoppix from the HD, the HD contents are located at file:/cdrom, and the hda1 folder is empty.
Can anyone help me solve THIS mystery?
Thanks in advance!
Similar Threads
-
By victoria in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 10-08-2006, 03:57 PM
-
By anksingh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-01-2006, 04:56 AM
-
By xfiles in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2005, 06:20 AM
-
By probono in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By Obsidian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 06:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition
$435.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00